Sunday, May 1, 2011

Fabric for pre-tudor transition gown

So I dug thru my fabric stash, found these gems...
The color is a bit off, the purple fabric (synthetic, but will be an overgarment so not so bad) is a bit more on the red tone, the silk fabric is a very pale gold color, and so is the background of the patterned material, which is eithier cotton or linen, the pattern is printed instead of woven, but is very medeivaliod. I also found enough white cotton for the kirtle and lining, All I need is fabric dye, and time.

The following site has some great pics of side laced kirtles.....
I will be making a kirtle simular to the red one halfway down the page without a waist seam. I have found very few kirtles with v-necks though that were not front laced, the pic next to it has a front lace kirtle under another that has a v-neck. If I wasn't making this as a surprize, I would fit her for a front laced kirtle.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment