But soon I will have a week off, and am contempating starting a new project. I have a few things I have started, or want to do. I just can't decide which one.
- An apron which I am hand sewing needs finishing.
- I have the experimental dyed kirtle fabric, But I think the color and shrinkage make unusable.
- I have a lilac linen cotte cut out. I plan to line and trim it with a sage green I have (ohh reversable maybe?? ) and embroder it.
- I need another smock, a long sleeved underdress, a short sleeved working kirtle, and a pair of sleeves.
- I have the gold pattern fabric to make a cotte from, but I need some nice metal buttons to go with it.
- I want to make a choli, but don't have any fabric to match the skirt I have.
- I want to redo the skirt I have and make it into a waist band that ties instead of a drawstring.
- My son wants a gypsy vest from some dark gray woolen I have.
- My husband could use an undershirt and a kaftan. I have a nice green patterned fabric for him.
So I think I will take the apron and the skirt to my MIL's next weekend to keep me occupied. I might be able to turn the failed kirtle fabric into a smock, since no one will notice the color, or if it is short.
So that leaves me with 2 major projects ~ Fitted lilac/sage cotte with embrodery, or a green patterned kaftan for my husband......hmmmmm. My husband could use a another shirt more than I need a cotte, but the cotte would be easier to construct for me, and way more fun to embrodier.
Although I do need another working kirtle one with short sleeves this time, since my other has become severly stained, but this should only take a day to construct, and then casualy do the lacing holes.... I must check my fabric stash tommorow.