Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Trial and error... a change in plans.

So after I have dyed the white fabric several times, I have gotten a meduim shade of grey for the underdress. Plus it also shrunk a lot more than I was expecting. I will still use the grey for the underdress, but I am not dying it again. I have decided that instead of making a side laced dress, I will just make a front laced dress for her with a square neckline. I will be getting some black fabric (perferable wool if I can find it at the right price) to trim /extend the hem, and the sleeves with. That way the dress becomes more verstile also for her. I will be making a partlet like the one here on this page.  Other examples are here http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/8K9TWWSD5cCzvQ0VGh81IQ
  http://cadieux.mediumaevum.com/burgundian-placket.html (number 3 at the top)

I might even make a hood to go with.

No comments:

Post a Comment